Descaling the steam generator
By purchasing modern equipment with the function of a steam generator, the manufacturer promises multifunctionality and built-in protection against possible damage. But during operation, problems are still likely. They are mainly related to the quality of the water with which the tank is filled - salt and lime are able to leave traces in the form of scale. How to clean the steam generator from scale and at the same time not to spoil the device, consider in more detail.
What is dangerous scale on the steam generator
Despite the fact that in modern models there is a built-in cleaner, the instructions for use of equipment emphasize the need to use purified water. Since everyone chooses the methods of water purification independently, there are possible moments when scum is still formed. During ironing, yellow stains may remain, and lime flakes may appear on the fabric when steaming.
If the water tank is clogged, the technician may break down. The flow of dirty water will leave stains on the material being processed, which will have to be rubbed or a special fabric cleaner should be used. The use of poor quality water can ruin the device without the possibility of recovery.
Types of steam generators and methods of cleaning them
The technique should work without failures and ensure the implementation of direct functions. Duration of service life depends on proper maintenance and operation. There are different types of steam generators, while some can be cleaned on their own, while others are not.
- Pump device provides for the release of steam under high pressure by pressing a special button. Such a steamer is very convenient and efficient, but it is unlikely that it can be cleaned of scale in the home. There is a big risk to spoil the equipment, so it is better to stop at the service.
- Gravity flow device not so effective, but not capricious in the care. In order to get rid of scale and scale, it is enough to use special means to remove scale or prepare the mixture at home.
Household Cleaning Rules
How to clean the device yourself? Well removes scum lemon acid. To prepare the solution, the following ingredients are needed:
- hot water (40 degrees) - 1 l;
- citric acid - 25g.
It is necessary to mix the solution thoroughly to dissolve all the crystals, and then proceed to cleaning the steam generator. The cleaning rules are as follows:
- The resulting mixture must be poured into a tank designed for water. If the device has a capacity of more than 1 liter, you can proportionally increase the ingredients to the desired volume.
- Leave the solution in the tank for 20 minutes.
- Turn on the steam generator at the maximum temperature.
- Start the operation mode with steam loss until all the liquid has evaporated. If citric acid is used as an iron cleaner, it is advisable to iron unnecessary fabric or old cotton clothes while cleaning.
- After complete evaporation of the solution, pour clean water and in operating mode, leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain off liquid and rinse with purified water twice more.
Along with lemon, acetic and hydrochloric acids can act as a cleaner.
If there is no time to fiddle with the preparation of the solution with your own hands, the cleaning of the steam generator can be performed using the ready-made agent “Antinakipin” according to the instructions indicated on the product packaging.
Features of cleaning steam generators from different manufacturers
Steam generators firms TefalAs a rule, they are equipped with a powerful cleaner, so you can safely use tap water. The only minus of the protective function is the appearance of yellow flakes when using water with a high salt content. In this case, it is better to use purchased clean water. The tank can be cleaned as usual and rinsed under running water.
Most often, the steam generator is clogged with frequent use, and it does not matter what surface volumes are processed.
Householdsteam generators philips equipped with built-in descaling systems. They are called differently in different models, but the essence is the same: when a certain indicator starts flashing on the device, a cleaning procedure should be carried out.It is carried out according to the instruction manual of a specific device and, as a rule, takes no more than 2 minutes. If the cleaning does not occur, the steam generator will automatically turn off the steam supply function.
Despite the fact that philips has developed a special function of self-descaling, with regular use of poor-quality water, thin and curved canals prevent the release of flakes that form in the tank. Since the cleaner does not always cope with the complex chemical composition of water, it is important not to allow the presence of liquid residues in the tank after completion of work and to rinse the container periodically.
With careful operation of the equipment, following the recommendations of the manufacturer, it is possible to ensure its long service life. It is important to choose the technical characteristics of the equipment that would meet the requirements of future use.