Choosing an inexpensive and reliable means to eliminate odor in the refrigerator
Inexpensive and reliable means of odor in the refrigerator was not invented by us. This scent of all the necessary household unit can be a nightmare, but the fight against it is not an impossible task. If we consider the experience of generations, then you can find many simple and very acceptable ways to make life in the kitchen more comfortable.
General tips on reading and washing the fridge
The first thing to do is properly clean the unit. Remove all shelves, containers, and other removable parts, then wash them thoroughly using detergent.
Soak the parts for a while in an open, sunny space, or at least in the light, let them dry completely. At this time, gently and carefully wipe the walls and floor of the refrigerator,preferably hot soapy water, do not forget about the inside of the boxes.
Clean the pallet. The pallet is located under the fridge. Many people forget to clean it, meanwhile it needs to be done regularly. Dirty water accumulates in the sump, which can also become a source of unpleasant odors. You can clean this tray by removing the grill from under the door, and then gently pull it out and empty the contents. At the end of the cleaning procedure, deodorize the pan by immersing it in a solution of baking soda and water.
Regularly defrost the refrigerator and freezer.
This is important because heavy odors can condense and mix with ice that is already inside the chamber. Defrosting also helps to get rid of thick layers of ice, which make the technique ineffective during storage and preservation of food.
Ensure maximum air circulation. To eliminate the stench, you must also ensure that sufficiently cold air circulates freely throughout the refrigerator. A large air flow will help preserve food for a long time, and to some extent this will solve the problem.
Some refrigerators have an integrated deodorant cartridge for refreshment. From time to time you need to change its contents.
Destroy all rotten items. Turn off the fridge. Take out all products. Check everything in order, without haste, and feel free to refuse to begin to rot products. Eliminating rot and mildew is very important. Rotten food is the main source of stench.
Store the products correctly. One of the main causes of bad smell - improper storage of products.
Different compartments have different temperatures, which contribute to the preservation of freshness, flavor and taste of certain types of food. Therefore, it is very important to store food only in appropriate compartments.
We use natural products to get rid of odors
So, the equipment is thoroughly washed, the products are enumerated. After washing the refrigerator, the following procedure is to eliminate the smell. Of course, you can buy a chemical remedy for unpleasant odors in the household appliances store, but supporters of natural products can use very simple and often handy things, namely:
- Baking soda. Take a box of soda, scatter on a baking sheet, place it in the refrigerator.To get rid of the smell completely, you need to keep the door of the refrigerator closed for at least several hours. At the same time, you can always keep in the refrigerator an open box of baking soda. A very simple remedy for not smelling anything.
- Vinegar. Regular vinegar can neutralize many unpleasant odors coming out of the refrigerator. Place the open bowl filled with vinegar in the refrigerator. You can mix vinegar with water and use this solution to clean household appliances.
- Oats You can use this herb for eliminate odor in the fridge. Place the oats in a bowl, then place the bowl in the refrigerator for several hours. A cup of oats will literally suck in all the bad smells.
- Coffee grounds (old proven tool). Take a fresh brew of ground coffee, dry on a baking sheet, place in the refrigerator. Within a few days the taint will go away.
- Activated carbon. Put the tablets in several cups and place them in different places inside the refrigerator. Set the temperature of the refrigerator to a minimum, try not to open the door for 3 days.
- Vanilla. You can clean the refrigerator with vanilla extract ..Your equipment will get the aroma of freshness. Take fresh cotton balls and soak them in vanilla extract, and then place inside the technique.
- Oranges (a pleasant remedy for aesthetes). After the source of the odor has appeared in the refrigerator, you can chop a few oranges and then put them in the refrigerator. Oranges will eliminate the bad spirit almost completely.
- Silica gel for cat litter. Yes, "cat toilet" can also be successfully used to combat odor in the refrigerator. Put the filler in a thin layer in a bowl and place in an empty refrigerator, soak for several days.
To prevent the stench, you need to follow a few rules:
- Always pack food in hermetic containers. This is one of the best ways to keep food fresh for a long time.
- Make it a rule to check the refrigerator once a week and remove all products that have expired.
- In case you need to turn off the equipment for a while, you should thoroughly clean it, remove all products and keep the door slightly ajar.
As you can see, these methods are very simple and inexpensive.
By following some simple instructions, you can have a fresh scent in your fridge.
You will have no need to pinch your nose every time you open its door.