How to choose a cordless garden shears?
Garden shears will cope with the work on the site where the trimmer and lawn mower are powerless (near the flower beds, near the fences). A great option is the cordless scissors, which do not require electrical power, are light and comfortable in use. Consider the criteria for their selection and technical parameters.
Advantages over other dacha inventory
In order for a personal plot to have a presentable appearance, it is necessary to take care of it regularly: water, form bushes and inoculate them. Many gardeners use a garden pruner or gasoline cutter, but each of these tools has its own drawbacks:
- A garden pruner without special gloves can cut the skin of the hands, resulting in blisters and painful cuts.
- Gasoline cutter has a considerable cost and is quite large, so it may not be suitable for sites of a certain size.
Pros of battery scissors:
- The simplest principle of operation and ease of use. Inventory of such a plan is available for use to anyone: sharp blades rotate, eliminating unnecessary elements on the lawn. It is convenient to keep it, the risk of mechanical injury is minimized if you follow the generally accepted safety rules.
- Lack of liquid fuel. Gardeners will not inhale carcinogens emitted by liquid fuels when burned in an engine. The device is equipped with lithium-ion batteries that cause minimal harm to humans and the environment, if properly disposed of.
- No need to charge on electricity. This device is equipped with lithium-ion batteries, which means that there is no need to charge it through the wire. Therefore, it is possible to work with it at any distance from the power supply network and at any site.
Garden shears are designed to cut grass, roots and remove weeds in the area.The principle of operation of the device is simple: the main working area of the scissors consists of 2 knives, the upper of which is movable, and the lower one is fixed and stationary. The upper blade is activated by a mechanism triggered by a small motor.
The operating time of the instrument depends on the capacity of lithium-ion batteries and the type of plants that are planned to be cut. Without recharging, it can work from 30 minutes to 2 hours. And the thicker the plant, the faster the battery will sit down. You can fully charge the device in 5 hours.
Devices fall into two categories:
- household scissors;
Depending on this, the configuration and power differ, as well as the operating time of the device.
What to look for when choosing
When choosing a tool you need to consider several important parameters:
- Blade movement frequency. The value of this criterion is different for different models. The standard motion frequency is 75-80 bpm. If you need a fairly powerful device that copes with the work quickly, you should choose a tool with the value of this parameter equal to 90-95 movements per minute.
- Smooth motion. It depends on the final result whether the work done earlier made sense. When buying a device, you should test them (each store should have special layouts or areas for this).
If the trimmed grass resembles a ragged canvas, it means that the device does not cope well with its task. If the lawn looks very aesthetic and pleases the eye, it means that you have a good model in your hands.
- The quality of the edges of the cutting plates. It is necessary that the blades are made of high quality steel. Such a tool will have a long warranty period and an impressive service life.
- Battery life. It should clarify in advance how much technology can work without recharging. The standard time for home appliances is 1 hour. Professional equipment should work continuously for at least an hour. You also need to know where you can replace the lithium-ion batteries, if necessary, and the time of their full charge.
- Allowable plant size. Household and professional tools differ in what plants they can cut. The option for fans will fit for cutting lawns, weeds and thin branches of bushes.Professional version can cut hard grass, thick and dense branches.
How to use
To avoid mechanical injury, make sure that the tool is securely fixed in the hands. After that, you need to determine the percentage of battery charge and approximately calculate the operating time of the device. Before starting work, inspect the area that you plan to cut, and make sure that there are no foreign objects that may fall between the blades.
Do not use garden shears without gloves! The knives of the tool are very sharp and you can get hurt.
At the end of the process, the blades should be cleaned of accumulated plant residues, wipe the instrument dry and put on charge if necessary.
Best garden shears
Bosch Isio 3 F016800327
Ryobi OGS 1821 3000732 cordless scissors
Brushcutter battery GARDENA AccuCut Li with 2 knives
Accumulator scissors GARDENA AccuCut 09850-20.000.00
Scissors accumulator for lawns Gardena AccuCut 09852-29.000.00 + 12.5 cm knife for bushes